♣Quaternary Science Reviews♣
1. Modest global-scale cooling despite extensive early Pleistocene ice sheets
Jeremy D. Shakun
・Models disagree on how much LGM cooling due to ice sheets versus greenhouse gases.
・Marine Isotope Stages 98 and 100 had extensive ice sheets but relatively high CO2.
・Modest cooling during these glacials suggests secondary role for ice sheets.
2. Sea-surface temperatures for the last 7200 years from the eastern Sunda Shelf, South China Sea: Climatic inferences from planktonic foraminiferal Mg/Ca ratios
Anna Lee Woodson, Eduardo Leorri , Stephen J. Culver, David J. Mallinson, Peter R. Parham, Robert C. Thunell, V.R. Vijayand, Scott Curtis
•Foraminiferal Mg/Ca data indicate SST on the Sunda Shelf for the past 7200 years.
•A 1000-year cool interval was identified, centered on 5000 cal years.
•The last ca. 1000 years were the warmest interval with SST averaging 28.5 ± 0.5 °C.
•Shallow shelf environments can produce high resolution paleoclimatic reconstructions.
3. Contribution of tyloses quantification in earlywood oak vessels to archaeological charcoal analyses: Estimation of a minimum age and influences of physiological and environmental factors
Alexa Dufraisse , Sylvie Coubray, Olivier Girardclos, Aurore Dupin, Michel Lemoine
Charcoal; Dendro-anthracology; Firewood exploitation; Deciduous oak; Heartwood formation; Sapwood; Tyloses
4. Sensitivity of southern hemisphere westerly wind to boundary conditions for the last glacial maximum
Seong-Joong Kim, , Sang-Yoon Jun, Baek-Min Kim
Southern hemisphere; Last glacial maximum; Westerly winds; Surface temperature; CMIP5
5. Advancing tephrochronology as a global dating tool: Applications in volcanology, archaeology, and palaeoclimatology
C.S. Lane, D.J. Lowe
6. Absorbed dose, equivalent dose, measured dose rates, and implications for OSL age estimates: Introducing the Average Dose Model
G. Guérin, C. Christophe, A. Philippe, A.S. Murray, K.J. Thomsen, C. Tribolo, P. Urbanova, M. Jain, P. Guibert, N. Mercier, S. Kreutzer, C. Lahaye
♣Earth and Planetary Science Letters♣
♣Global and Planetary Change♣
♣Palaeogeography, Paleoclimatology, Paleoecology♣
♣Quaternary Research♣♣Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta♣