♣Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta♣
1. Molecular modeling of the effects of 40Ar recoil in illite particles on their K-Ar isotope dating
Marek Szczerbaa, , , Arkadiusz Derkowskia, Andrey G. Kalinichevb, Jan Środoń
Keywords: Argon recoil; Molecular dynamics; Illite; K-Ar; CLAYFF; REAXFF
2. New frontiers in the molecular based reconstruction of Quaternary paleovegetation from loess and paleosols
B. Bugglea, , , M. Zech
Keywords: Biomarker; Paleovegetation; Paleosol; Siberia; Quaternary
3. Reconstruction of the Northeast Asian monsoon climate history for the past 400 years based on textural, carbon and oxygen isotope record of a stalagmite from Yongcheon lava tube cave, Jeju Island, Korea
Kyung Sik Wooa, Hyoseon Jia, , , Kyoung-nam Job, Sangheon Yib, Hai Chengc, d, R.Lawrence Edwardsd, Gi Hoon Hong
Keywords: Paleoclimate; Stalagmite; Yongcheon cave; Little ice age; Jeju; Lava tube
♣Quaternary Science Reviews♣
4. Reconstructing paleoseismic deformation, 2: 1000 years of great earthquakes at Chucalén, south central Chile
E. Garretta, , , I. Shennana, S.A. Woodroffea, M. Cisternasb, E.P. Hockingc, P. Gulliver
•1000 year record of megathrust earthquakes and tsunamis in south central Chile.
•The geological record underrepresents the frequency of great earthquakes.
•Vertical coseismic deformation estimates vary between earthquakes.
•Chucalén records net relative sea-level rise over the last millennium.
5. 40Ar/39Ar ages and residual volatile contents in degassed subaerial and subglacial glassy volcanic rocks from Iceland
P.L. Claya, b, , , H. Busemanna, b, S.C. Sherlocka, T.L. Barryc, S.P. Kelleya, D.W. McGarvie
•New 40Ar/39Ar ages have been determined for subglacially erupted glasses in Iceland
•Alteration, hydration and mass-fractionation likely prevented age determination in some samples
•These disturbances are linked to micro-scale variability in measured volatile contents
•Water contents in fresh glass can be used to estimate ice-thickness
6. Lead concentrations and isotope ratios in speleothems as proxies for atmospheric metal pollution since the industrial revolution
Mohammed Allana, , , , Nathalie Fagela, Maité Van Rampelberghb, James Baldinic, Jean Riotted, Hai Chenge, R. Lawrence Edwardse, David Gillikinf, Yves Quinifg, Sophie Verheyden
•Study of atmospheric metals from three Belgian stalagmites
•Reconstruction of Pb pollution deposition over last 250 years
•Maximum Pb concentrations are recorded from 1880 to 1905 AD, from 1945 to 1965 AD, and from 1975 to 1990 AD.
•Pb isotopic composition used to identify the main sources of Pb
•The predominant anthropogenic trace metal sources were coal consumption and metallurgical activities.
Keywords: Atmospheric pollution; Trace metals; Pb isotopes; Stalagmites; Western Europe
7. Optically stimulated luminescence dating of Ocean Drilling Program Core 658B: Complications arising from authigenic uranium uptake and lateral sediment movement
Keywords: Optically stimulated luminescence; Geochronology; Marine sediments; North Africa
♣Earth and Planetary Science Letters♣
♣Global and Planetary Change♣
♣Palaeogeography, Paleoclimatology, Paleoecology♣
8. Ultra-Small Graphitization Reactors for Ultra-Microscale 14C Analysis at the National Ocean Sciences Accelerator Mass Spectrometry (NOSAMS) Facility
Sunita R Shah Walter, Alan R Gagnon, Mark L Roberts, Ann P McNichol, Mary C Lardie Gaylord, Elizabeth Klein
Keywords: ultra-microscale; carbon dioxide; graphite; accelerator mass spectroscopy; methods; sample preparation